Best Butterfly Blades Table Tennis in 2022
Butterfly Timo Boll ALC Blade | Arylate-Carbon Table Tennis Blade | Professional Table Tennis Blade | 5 Wood + 2 Arylate-Carbon Plies | an, FL, or ST Handle | Made in Japan
YASAKA Ma Lin Extra Offensive FL
- Paddle Palace Rating: Class: OFF, Speed: 89, Control: 67
- Plies: 5 wood, Weight: 84 gms
- This is a shakehand style table tennis blade with no rubber
- Ships from Paddle Palace, North American Distributor for YASAKA
Butterfly Petr Korbel-FL Blade with Flared Handle
- High quality blade by Butterfly
- Butterfly is the world's most popular manufacturer of high quality table tennis products.
- Similar construction to the popular Primorac, but with a larger head
Butterfly Viscaria Blade | FL or ST Handle | Professional Table Tennis Blade | 5 Wood + 2 Arylate-Carbon Plies | Made in Japan
- High quality Butterfly carbon blade
- Enlarged sweet spot from ALC plies, resulting in more consistent ball placement and power
- The Butterfly Viscaria FL blade is used by World Champion Zhang Jike, Lin Gaoyuan, and many others
- Pairs best with Dignics 05, Bryce Highspeed, Tenergy 05, Tenergy 64, Tenergy 80, and Tenergy 25
- Same carbon fiber plies as the Butterfly Timo Boll ALC blade
Butterfly Balsa Carbo X5 Pro-Line Table Tennis Racket - ITTF Professional Ping Pong Paddle â€“ Carbon Blade Assembled with Tenergy 80 FX 2.1mm Red and Black Table Tennis Rubber
- PROFESSIONAL TABLE TENNIS RACKET: This ping pong racket is for players that want to attack and need a touch of control to dominate opponents. ITTF approved for table tennis tournaments
- BALSA CARBO X5 CARBON BLADE: The Balsa core offers light weight & great touch while the Carbon layers add power. Designed for close to the table attacks plus power for mid-distance ping pong shots
- TENERGY 80 FX 2. 1 RUBBER: This ping pong paddle is equipped with Tenergy 80 FX 2. 1mm offering a great balance of high speed and heavy spin for attacking. FX gives it a softer sponge for more control
- BUTTERFLY TABLE TENNIS RACKETS - Butterfly rackets are the preferred choice for professional players
- SHIPS ASSEMBLED – The Butterfly Balsa Carbo X5 blade is assembled by hand in the USA with Tenergy 80 FX 2. 1mm Rubber. Butterfly Free Chack rubber glue is used to apply the rubber and is packaged in the original Butterfly blade box
Butterfly Andrzej Grubba Blade with Sriver EL 2.1 Rubbers Pro-Line Table Tennis Racket, FL Handle
- The Andrzej Grubba blade has been a long time best-seller
- The most distinguishing feature of the blade is its high level of control
- Sriver-EL is an all-round rubber with a fine a blend of speed and spin
- This racket can produce a wide variety of attacking shots with precise placement
- Speed = 75Spin = 80Control = 100
Butterfly Zhang Jike ZLC Pro-Line Table Tennis Racket - FL Blade - Tenergy 64 2.1mm Red and Black Rubbers
- PROFESSIONAL TABLE TENNIS RACKET - This ping pong paddle is ideal for the professional player that is seeking a strong and lightweight racket built for powerful attacks at all distances
- ZHANG JIKE ZLC – Made of ZL Carbon allowing powerful attacks as well as a soft feel making it an exceptional ping pong racket
- TENERGY 64 - This ping pong paddle is equipped with Tenergy 64 2.1mm the fastest Tenergy ping pong paddle rubber. It offers more flexibility and a softer touch, enabling powerful and precise attacking
- BUTTERFLY TABLE TENNIS RACKETS - Butterfly rackets are the preferred choice for professional players
- ASSEMBLED IN USA – The Butterfly Zhang Jike ZLC Blade is assembled by hand in the USA with Tenergy 64 2.1 Rubber. Butterfly Free Chack rubber glue is used to apply the rubber and is packaged in the original Butterfly Zhang Jike ZLC Blade box.
Sportout Sriver-He Rubber Table Tennis Paddle, Professional Pingpong Racket with Case, 9-ply Wood and 8-ply Carbon Blade About 210g
- ★9-PLY WOOD AND 8-PLY CARBON BLADE:-Differ from the ordinary bats, its Hybrid Wood 9.8(9-ply wood blade+8-ply carbon) offers the blade enough solidness and nice bounce so that ensuring the powerful attacking and defending.
- ★SRIVER-HE PROFESSIONAL RUBBER:-SRIVER-HE rubber is ITTF approved rubber which consists of high-elastic inverted sponge. Could get the bats a nice bounce on returning an aggressive drive, meanwhile, also do great help in spin.
- ★FL HANDLE:-The ergonomic design is used to FL(flared) handle that gives better power and comfortable feeling for player, furthermore, it’s sweat-absorbing with carbon and could generate much friction to avoid the slipping.
- ★RUBBER WON’T SEPARATE FROM THE BLADE: -DCC(Air-Dried, Tube-Cut and Composite wood standard) technology ensures better wood blade, as well as the sticky glue with nanocarbon makes sure the rubber won’t separate from the blade.
- ★PERFECT FOR INTERMEDIATE:-Speed=90/100, Spin=90/100, Control=80/100. Its fast speed, great spin and fine control are perfect for intermediate, also suits for beginner. ad we offer the extra protected case for portable carrying.
AB-5000 5 Star Professional Ping Pong Paddle for Indoor and Outdoor Table Tennis with Carry Case
- Our performance level ping pong paddle with an ergonomic slope handle is suitable for beginner, intermediate, and advanced players for play on portable, indoor, and outdoor tables
- The paddle's material is made with three middle layers of Ayous plywood and two outside layers of Koto wood; this combines to make an even more responsive table tennis racket (over the 3 Star Slopehandle) with exceptional control
- This paddle's smooth handle features 2mm of quality sponge and 1.6 mm of high-end inverted rubber allowing for tremendous control
- Our 5 Star Paddle is easily identifiable with two white lines on the handle in addition to our distinctive logo
- ~197gsm(+/- 10gsm); For use at home, game rooms, contests, and matches; Includes ping pong paddle with carry case for storage
Butterfly Dignics 05 Table Tennis Rubber Table Tennis Rubber | 1.9 or 2.1 mm | Red or Black | 1 Inverted Table Tennis Rubber Sheet | Professional Table Tennis Rubber
- The newest Butterfly sponge and rubber technology, resulting in superior performance and feel
- 22% more arc and 3. 4% more overall power than Butterfly Tenergy 05 rubber sheets
- Increased dwell time compared to Tenergy 05 due to Spring Sponge X and improved rubber composition
- Pairs best with the Harimoto Innerforce ALC, Innerforce Layer ZLC, Lin Gaoyuan ALC, Hadraw VR, Cypress G-Max, and other Butterfly blades
- Butterfly Free Chack II table tennis glue recommended when assembling Dignics table tennis rubbers
Madama Butterfly at the San Diego Opera (9 May 2020): A Cultural Clash of Operatic Proportion
Patricia Racette as Madama Butterfly is the all caps MAIN EVENT at the San Diego Opera. If you only want to see one opera this year, THIS is it.
Written in 1904, Puccini's operatic take on David Belasco's play of the same name is a timeless tale of love stressed beyond its breaking point by cultural differences and social expectations. The young American navy Lt. Pinkerton, with the aid of the Consul Sharpless, enters into an arranged marriage with down-on-her-luck geisha Cio-Cio-san (madama Butterfly) without much thought of commitment in his mind while she naively hangs on to his every word. For three years she endures the humiliation of rejection by her own relatives for having adopted her husband's religion, faithfully awaiting the return of Pinkerton while raising their young son alone with the help of her maid, Susuki. Having defiantly turned down marriage proposals by wealthy Prince Yamadori, Butterfly's spirit is overjoyed when she sights Pinkerton's ship, the USS Abraham Lincoln, sailing into port... none too soon considering the perilous financial condition she is in. Her lover returns, but not alone and with a different plan for their future. If you want to know how it all ends, believe me, this opera performed by this cast at the San Diego Opera is well worth the ticket price to go and see for yourself!
This production uses Francesca Zambello's gorgeous staging that is a mesmerizing mix between traditional and conceptual styles. It is quite easy to understand and has some really visually stunning moments. The direction by Garnett Bruce was effective if not glitch-free (there were some moments, like immediately after the marriage license was signed, when the cast keep congratulating or saying good bye to each other over and over to pass the time rather than meaningfully. And Joseph Hu's first scene as Goro was a bit over-acted). Once the principal characters took over the stage from the middle of the first act on, though, it was high drama all the way on in.
It is worth paying $200 for a good seat to this run of Madama Butterfly just to experience Patricia Racette as the title role. She is the very name that will appear on just about everyone's wish list for this exhausting part. And if I expected much from her when I walked into the auditorium, by the time we get to the love duet that ends the first act it was clear that I hadn't expected enough. The woman is a walking fire hazard with a powerful voice that projects sweet teenage innocence just as well as it does maternal horror. This is a Butterfly that can compel sympathy even from the iciest of sociopaths, a multi-dimensional character who is so invested in her own belief in her lover's fidelity and yet so palpably vulnerable (and even spunkily funny at moments) that one can't help but shudder at the thought of her inevitable disappointment.
It also helps that her Pinkerton is portrayed by Carlo Ventre not as an incurably selfish cad but a young buck who should have learned restraint and cultural sensibility before he was allowed within 50 feet of any woman of child-bearing age. The tenor was occasionally in danger of being covered by the orchestra on opening night (especially during the first act), but his lyrical voice and singing matched very well with Racette's during the love duet. I think he did quite well, though the audience's cheering during his curtain sounded suspiciously like booing... which would be quite odd unless it was done jokingly because his character had wronged the spectacular Racette's Butterfly.
Malcolm MacKenzie and Suzanna Guzman were splendid in their supporting roles of Sharpless and Susuki. It is a given that Sharpless is the nice (and unfortunately helpless) guy of the story, but MacKenzie still manages to suggest more than just one side of the character (having a strong voice sure doesn't hurt either). And since there is really no way anyone can out-act a Butterfly of the caliber we have here, Suzanna Guzman's ability to contrast the younger character with her sure-handed stillness makes her an ideal sidekick to the tragic heroine.
The San Diego Opera Chorus was flawless on opening night, especially in the famous Act II humming chorus and the San Diego Symphony under Maestro Edoardo Müller filled the Civic Theater with vivid multi-cultural tonal picture. Perhaps the orchestral volume could be reined back a bit to avoid covering Ventre or forcing Racette to sing louder than she needed to, but that is really a minor complaint considering how well everything went on opening night.
So! If you are in San Diego area and haven't filled up your evening schedule for May 12, 15, 17 (matinee), and 20, do come down to the Civic Theater in downtown and catch a performance of this show. Actually, even if you aren't in San Diego area... do try to come down anyway! Unlike Peter Grimes, Madama Butterfly is a romantic period opera that, aside from being satisfyingly dramatic, is also full of gorgeous melodies. It takes no musical sophistication other than the ability to enjoy great music and acting to enjoy this show.
A Butterfly of this caliber doesn't come around all that often and Patricia Racette is one of those rare opera singers you will cry yourself to sleep every night forever after if you end up never having heard her perform live. Ian Campbell saved the best for last this season, and the best is really out of this world!