Best Mario Tennis in 2023
Mario Tennis Aces - Nintendo Switch
- A new Mario tennis game is bringing a new level of skill and competition to the Nintendo Switch system
- Mario steps onto the court in classy tennis garb for intense rallies against a variety of characters in full blown tennis battles
- New wrinkles in tennis game play will challenge your ability to read an opponent's position and stroke to determine which Shot will give you the advantage
- And this time the game adds the first story mode since the Mario tennis game on the game boy advance system
- Offering a new flavor of tennis game play, with a variety of missions, boss battles and more
- Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) and Nintendo Account required for online play
Clip: Evil Luigi? Piranha Plant Forest!
Mario Tennis Aces (Nintendo Switch)
- Story Mode is back with a variety of twists on classic tennis play, including minigames, bosses and RPG elements
- 20+ playable characters and the possibility to play single or doubles matches
- Swing Mode is a more accessible mode, played with motion controls and the CPU takes over moving the character around the court
- Mario Tennis Aces can be played online, local and LAN multiplayer, all customisable in a variety of ways
- Compatible with Nintendo Switch only
Mario Tennis Aces (Nintendo Switch)
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- New fighters, like Inkling from the Splatoon series and Ridley from the Metroid series, make their Super Smash Bros. series debut alongside every Super Smash Bros. fighter in the series…EVER
- Fast combat , new items, new attacks, new defensive options, and more will keep the battle raging whether you’re at home or on the go
- 2018 Nintendo. Original Game: Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc
- Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) Content Description: Cartoon Violence, Comic Mischief, Suggestive Themes
Mario Power Tennis
- Each character has unique moves and swings -- from Donkey Kong's cannon to Shy Guy's lightning bolt
- Build up your powers to use on offense or defense -- send that ball flying at super-speed, or save a ball in those tight spots
- Swing your racket in fun new places like Wario's Factory(where the court has conveyor belts) and the sun-drenched Delfino Plaza Court
- Wild multiplayer action for incredible tennis action with Mario and friends
Super Mario Party
- Up to 4 players take turns rolling the dice, and individually race across the board searching for Stars
- In Toad’s Rec Room Mode, new game play links 2 Nintendo Switch systems for side by side fun: Genre : Action and Adventure
- Additional accessories may be required for multiplayer mode; Sold separately
- Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) Content Description: Mild Cartoon Violence
- Super Mario Party is compatible with Joy Con controllers only
Mario Power Tennis (Nintendo Selects)
- The wild multiplayer action of the Nintendo GameCube hit, Mario Power Tennis, returns with added Wii controls and widescreen presentation.
- With Wii controls, players simply swing the Wii Remote controller to hit forehands and backhands and to apply spin. The motion controls open this classic game to new gamers and offers experienced gamers the option to attach a Nunchuk controller for additional precision.
- Players can play as familiar characters from the Mario universe. Every character has a defensive and offensive Power Shot that can send opponents reeling or return out-of-reach balls.
- Players can be as crazy as they like. Play traditional tournaments, or hit the Gimmick Courts for wild matches not possible in the real world.
- This game was originally released for the Nintendo GameCube system. The ability to use Wii controllers has been added to this version.
Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 - Nintendo Switch
- It’s party time, and everyone’s invited! Team up with Mario, Sonic, and friends on Nintendo Switch in action-packed sporting events! Bring your best moves to the track, the gym, the ring, or the water in dozens of different party games everyone will enjoy.
- Skateboard, surf, and race your way to the top! With more than 30 events to master in this fun-filled Olympic Games contest, there are plenty of ways to prove your skills to your friends in multiplayer mode.
- The team’s all here! Play as Mario, Sonic, or choose from a star-studded cast of colorful characters from your favorite games.
- Dive into unique Dream Events that layer fantastical chaos with reality. Zip through a downhill obstacle course on your hoverboard, throwdown for territorial control with lightning-fast karate action, or smash the most targets inside a traditional Japanese manor!
- And you won’t want to miss an epic story mode that sends you to 1964 to compete in classic, retro 2D sports events. Play any way you want on your Nintendo Switch. We’re talking motion and button controls, single and dual Joy-Con, single-player and multiplayer, local split-screen and online!
Top Five Nintendo Wii Games for the Fall
Although the Nintendo Wii is lacking in some strong titles like Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, there are several solid titles that will keep fans busy throughout the season.
Although the Nintendo Wii is lacking in some strong titles like Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, there are several solid titles that will keep fans busy throughout the season. Here are the top five Nintendo Wii games in the fall.
5. Guitar Hero: World Tour
Publisher: Activision, Developer: Neversoft Entertainment, Release Date: October 26, ESRB Rating: RP
Rock Band took the world by storm last year. Guitar Hero is looking to one up the revolutionary game with World Tour. In addition to new music accessories like the microphone and drum set, the game will also give players the ability to create and share their own music. Guitar Hero: World Tour is looking like the early favorite in the upcoming battle of the bands with Rock Band 2.
4. De Blob
Publisher: THQ, Developer: Blue Tongue, Release Date: September 26, ESRB Rating: RP
One of the few original third party exclusive titles that will be actually good, De Blob is a quirky game that forces gamers to paint the barren world with bright colors. To do so, you must maneuver these ink-infested creatures around by bouncing them all over the city. Probably the most innovative Nintendo Wii game, De Blob may also be the most overlooked. Make sure you won't be ignoring this hidden gem come this fall.
3. Samba De Amigo
Publisher: Sega, Developer: Sonic Team / Gearbox Software, Release Date: August 19, ESRB Rating: RP
Samba De Amigo was slated for the summer but was delayed into the fall instead. The small delay is worth it for eagerly anticipating fans, however. The Nintendo Wii port of the original Dreamcast game will have over 40 songs (including new tracks for the Wii version) to shake your Wii Remote and Nunchuck to. With downloadable tracks to boot (the first Nintendo Wii game to do so), Samba De Amigo will keep you shaking your pretend maracas for a long time.
2. Animal Crossing: City Folk
Publisher: Nintendo, Developer: Nintendo, Release Date: November 3, ESRB Rating: RP
No matter if it is on the Nintendo DS or the Nintendo Gamecube, the Animal Crossing franchise is always delivering fun and unique experiences. Animal Crossing: City Folk is looking like the best game yet due to the new voice chat feature (a first for a Nintendo Wii game) and four-player online interaction. Another big feature is the ability to connect your Nintendo DS to the game. Animal Crossing: City Folk may end up being the best online game for the Nintendo Wii yet.
1. Wario Land: Shake It!
Publisher: Nintendo, Developer: Good Feel, Release Date: September 29, ESRB Rating: RP
2D platformers have become a rarity these days. Fortunately, Wario Land: Shake It! looks like it will fill in that gap easily. Featuring a return to classic 2D platforming, the game will put you in the shoes of the silly anti-hero, Wario. With beautiful 2D sprites and top notch animation to boot, it is one of the better looking Nintendo Wii games. Perhaps the best part is that the game won't force-feed the motion controls to the players. Merely shaking the Wii Remote is good enough to perform certain moves. Wario Land: Shake It! is the best game on the Nintendo Wii in the fall.