Best Men's Tennis Players in 2023
Wilson Hyper Hammer 5.3 Strung Tennis Racket (Black/White, 4 3/8)
Tennis Makes Me Happy keychain Tennis Jewelry Gifts Tennis Lovers Gifts for Tennis Players, Coaches & Tennis Teams (silver)
- 【Tennis Keychain】Tennis Makes Me Happy keychain Tennis Jewelry Gifts Tennis Lovers Gifts with Tennis Racket charm, I love Tennis charm.
- 【Tennis Jewelry】Perfect Tennis Gifts for Tennis Players, Tennis Coaches & Tennis Teams for end of season gift, banquet, birthday or jut because.
- 【I Love Tennis Keychain】Tennis Charm Keychain, Gift for Tennis Lover, tennis gifts for her/him, unique tennis gifts for tennis fans.
- 【PACKAGE】Each Tennis Charm Keychain comes in a high quality velvet jewelry pouches and ready for gift giving. Any question please feel free to contact us.
- 【MATERIAL&SIZE】This beautiful and love piece of jewelry is crafted of high polish stainless steel. As it is hypoallergenic, no harm to health and very durable suitable for treasure. Key chain pendant 1.18 inches diameter.
adidas Men's CourtJam Bounce Tennis Shoe, Grey/Black/White, 11 M US
- Abrasion-resistant tennis shoes with a Bounce midsole
- Regular fit; Lace closure
- Mesh upper for breathability
- Adituff for best abrasion resistance in the toe area; Adiwear outsole offers the ultimate in high-wear durability
- Bounce cushioning provides enhanced comfort and flexibility
Tennis Player Gifts For Women Men Coffee Mug - Funny Tennis Themed Playing Play Birthday Christmas Tea Cup 11 oz Whizk MTR609
- TENNIS PLAYER MUG: There's an art to picking a novelty mug with funny quotes for coffee and tea addicts! It has to be cool and humorous enough to kick-start your day. It will make people smile, cringe or give them a little glimpse into your way of thinking :)
- 30-DAY GUARANTEE: This special white ceramic cup is printed on both sides. A high quality drinkware that is dishwasher, microwave safe for home and office use. It will never fade no matter how many times you wash. Packed in a durable box and guaranteed to arrive safely.
- GIFT IDEA FOR SOMEONE WHO HAS EVERYTHING: The cute sayings reflect their unique personality and show you care. Great for friend boss colleague coworker men man him dad husband son brother grandpa boyfriend uncle women woman her mom wife daughter sister grandma girlfriend aunt!
- PERFECT FOR HOLIDAYS AND BIRTHDAYS: Express your appreciation with this presentâ€¦ They will love your humor and be smiling from ear to ear every morning! Best for Christmas Valentines Anniversary Fathers Mothers Day Thanksgiving Easter Secret Santa Exchange Gag Retirement Bday Thank You Graduation.
- BEWARE OF FAKE SELLERS: Printed and shipped exclusively from USA. Before you click Add to Cart button, make sure it says "Sold By Whizk". Contact Amazon if you feel product is a counterfeit.
ASICS Gel-Dedicate 6 Men's Tennis Shoes, White/Silver, 11 M US
- Work on your backhand and serve in the full-match comfort of the ASICS® Gel-Dedicate 6 tennis shoe.
- Made for the newbie recreational tennis player.
- Breathable mesh, textile, and synthetic upper materials.
- Lace-up closure.
- Padded tongue and collar. Comfortable fabric lining. Molded foam footbed. Forefoot GEL® Cushioning System attenuates shock during impact phase and allows for a smooth transition to mid-stance. Trusstic System® reduces weight of the sole unit without sacrificing structural integrity. Solid rubber outsole. Imported. Measurements: Weight: 12 oz Product measurements were taken using size 9, width D - Medium. Please note that measurements may vary by size. Weight of footwear
Venom Elbow Brace Compression Sleeve - Elastic Support for Tendonitis Pain, Tennis Elbow, Golfer's Elbow, Arthritis, Bursitis, Basketball, Baseball, Football, Golf, Lifting, Sports, Men, Women (XL)
- TARGETED COMPRESSION AND HEAT RETENTION: Designed for rehabilitation of joint inflammation, elbow tendonitis, tennis elbow, golfer's elbow, arthritis and general elbow pain. Our compressive sleeve will increase blood flow, reduce muscle swelling, and alleviate pain and discomfort.
- COMFORTABLE LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN: Not only will your pain be reduced, but our sleeve will eliminate bunching and irritation so your movement will be unrestricted during physical and every day activities. Perfect solution for tennis, golf, volleyball, football, basketball, softball, baseball, CrossFit, weightlifting and many other athletic activities.
- ANTI-SLIP DESIGN: The firm yet flexible grip allows you to focus on the activity rather than worrying about constant readjustment.
- HIGHLY ELASTIC AND DURABLE: Our high quality fabric is guaranteed to withstand the wear and tear of every day usage by retaining its elasticity and support.
- SIZING OPTIONS: Available in sizes S, M, L, XL and XXL for a secured fit. Please refer to our size chart shown in the pictures in order to determine accurate sizing.
Funny Tennis Player Tennis Coach Tennis Gift Premium T-Shirt
- This Funny Tennis Player Tennis Coach Tennis Gift is the perfect tennis present for funny tennis lover. Great gifts for tennis player. Tennis Fan Tee
- Great tennis Christmas presents for tennis player. People who love tennis dad, tennis mom, tennis team gift, t shirts are sure to love this funny tennis design
- This premium t-shirt is made of lightweight fine jersey fabric
- Fit: Slim (consider ordering a larger size for a looser fit)
HEAD Pro Player Cap - Black
- Lightweight breathable materials with UV protection
- Adjustable Velcro closure, Mesh inserts on top of hat
- Fulfill the IFT tournament rules
- HEAD embroidery at front, PENN embroidery on side
- Color: Black
Crossed Tennis Racquets Retro Sunset Silhouette Player Coach T-Shirt
- Crossed Tennis Racquets over a 1980's Vintage Sunset Silhouette makes the Best Gift for any Player, Coach or Team!
- Retro 80's Tennis Player Design makes a Great Outfit for a Tennis Team, Tennis Mom, Dad or any Player. Order matching designs for your whole Doubles Group or when you are going to watch a Tournament.
- Lightweight, Classic fit, Double-needle sleeve and bottom hem
Athletico 6 Racquet Tennis Bag | Padded to Protect Rackets & Lightweight | Professional or Beginner Tennis Players | Unisex Design for Men, Women, Youth and Adults (Black)
- SPACIOUS ENOUGH FOR EVERYTHING YOU NEED - This bag can hold up to 6 tennis rackets, a water bottle, tennis shoes, clothes, and a towel.
- WEAR IT YOUR WAY - Carry the double handles comfortably with the padded velcro-close wrap. Wear as a backpack with the included padded straps. Clip on a padded strap for a shoulder or crossbody bag.
- ZIPPERED FELT-LINED TECH POCKET - protect your phone, electronics, and accessories
- INCLUDES FENCE HOOK - perfect for keeping your Athletico bag off the court; tucks away in hidden pocket when not in use
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED OR YOUR MONEY BACK - We believe highly in the quality of our tennis bags. If you are unsatisfied with your purchase for any reason, simply return it for a full refund.
Seismic Shift in Men's ATP Tennis Rankings at Rogers Cup, US Open Series
After 4 years of Federer and Nadal at the top of the heap, Scotsman Andy Murray has broken through to the #2 ranking, creating a wide open men's field for the US Open.
Murray, 22, is the first British man to hold the #2 ranking since 1973. (Popular Englishman Tim Henman never rose above the #4 spot during his recently-ended career.) Andy Murray has a 6-2 win loss record against #1 Roger Federer and his clearly stated goal is the #1 spot. Here are Andy's words after his semifinal win at the Rogers Cup in Montreal on Saturday, from his official website:
"....so bar winning a Slam, I've done enough to justify being No. 2, and you know, getting closer to hopefully one day becoming No. 1 is one of my goals. So it's great. I've put in a lot of hard work to get to this stage, and I keep working hard to go one step farther."
This more fluid men's field is particularly welcome news not only to Murray, but also to Andy Roddick of the U.S. and Juan Martin Del Potro of Argentina in the last weeks before the U.S. Open tournament. Roddick (#5) and Del Potro (#6) are looking strong late in the 2020 season and will be expected to play well at the U.S. Open. Rangy twenty year old Del Potro, or "Delpo," is currently on fire, with a win over Roddick at the Legg Mason tournament and a 2nd place finish to Murray at the Rogers Cup. Meanwhile Roddick has recently shown an incredibly well-rounded game, savvy, fitness, and stamina. His narrow loss to Federer after 4 ¼ hours in the July Wimbledon final has won him tremendous respect. In addition, Andy Roddick has a particular affinity for the US Open; Roddick's only grand slam win to date was at the U.S. Open in 2003 and he made the finals in 2020.
Serbian Novak Djokovic (#4) could also benefit from a more open field, but his recent performance has been disappointing. At the Rogers Cup, he lost his quarter final match to Andy Roddick without putting up much of a fight. His best performance was in the pre-tournament charity fashion show when he stripped down to his Speedo. It would be a surprise to see him excel at the U.S. Open.
For some time now, both Federer and Nadal have shown some vulnerability and the gulf between the top two and the rest of the field has narrowed. This came to a head at the Rogers Cup in Montreal when both Federer and Nadal lost to lower-ranked opponents and were eliminated in the quarter-finals of this US Open Series warmup tournament. Federer lost to #7 ranked Jo-Wilfried Tsonga of France, while Nadal was overwhelmed by up and coming Del Potro #6. Meanwhile, Andy Murray won his semi-final match against Tsonga of France (who had just defeated Federer), guaranteeing himself sufficient ATP points to move up from #3 to #2. A win against Del Potro in the final on Sunday further cemented his hold on that #2 rung.
Significance of the Rankings
The ATP rankings are important not only because they identify and recognize the best players in the world, but also because they determine which players may enter ATP tournaments at different levels and their seeding at those tournaments. Seeding is critical to the "draw", which specifies which players meet in the first round, second round, etc. The top seeds are placed at opposite ends of the draw and therefore will meet only in the tournament finals-if both survive to the finals. If Murray is seeded #2 at the U.S. Open (as seems almost certain), this means that Nadal and Federer could meet earlier in the tournament and the winner of the Nadal-Federer matchup could meet Murray in the finals.
The ranking is based on points awarded at ATP-sanctioned tournaments and certain other high profile events, such as the Beijing Olympics in 2020. For example, Murray won 1000 points for his win in Montreal, which is one of the "1000 Series" ATP events. Murray's high ranking is particularly noteworthy because it has been accomplished without any of the 2000 point allotments that go to winners of the four grand slam events.
Rankings are updated weekly and released on Mondays. At any given time, rankings are based on ATP points earned during the previous 52 weeks. Therefore, Andy Murray's move up to the #2 ranking reflects not only his strong showing in recent tournaments such as the Rogers Cup, but his general improvement across many tournaments this past year. Nadal's drop in the rankings reflects not only his recent performance, and the break he took due to injury, but also the subtraction of the 800 points he earned for his win at the Olympics, which is now more than 52 weeks ago.
As of Monday, August 17 the top ATP rankings with points are as follows:
1 Roger Federer, 11,040
2 Andy Murray, 9250
3 Rafael Nadal, 8665
4 Novak Djokovic, 7150
5 Andy Roddick, 5800
6 Juan Martin Del Potro, 5405
7 Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, 3960
8 Nikolay Davydenko, 3655
Will these rankings hold as the field enters the U.S. Open?
These rankings are likely to hold as the men compete at the Western and Southern Financial Group ATP Masters Series 1000 Tournament in Cincinnatti August 17-23. All of the top 8 players are gathering there for the last time before the U.S. Open. (The top players are not slated to appear at the Pilot Pen tournament in New Haven the very last week before the Open.) The winner in Cincinnati will claim 1000 points, the runner-up 600 points, semi-finalists 360 points, quarter-finalists 180 points. Given the substantial 585 point difference between Murray and Nadal, it would take a Nadal win in combination with a poor showing by Murray to reverse their rankings. With Murray as the defending champion, fresh from his victory in Montreal, this seems unlikely.