10 Best Tennis Shoes For Diabetic Neuropathy
Updated on: May 2023
Best Tennis Shoes For Diabetic Neuropathy in 2023
Skechers Sport Men's Energy Afterburn Lace-Up Sneaker,White/Navy,10 XW US
Orthofeet Proven Foot and Heel Pain Relief. Extended Widths. Best Orthopedic Shoes Plantar Fasciitis, Diabetic Menâ€™s Walking Shoes, Lava Black
- 60-DAY WEAR TEST! Test our shoes for up to 60 days, and if you are not completely satisfied return them for a full refund. FREE SHIPPING AND RETURNS. See for yourself why Orthofeet is regarded by millions as the World's Most Comfortable and stylish ORTHOPEDIC SHOES. Try RISK FREE: Walk COMFORTABLE and PAIN FREE or Your MONEY BACK!
- PLANTAR FASCIITIS? HEEL PAIN? FOOT PAIN? Orthofeet orthotic shoes offer the BEST ORTHOPEDIC FOOTWEAR solution. Lightweight ERGONOMIC SOLE with AIR CUSHIONING along with premium ORTHOTIC INSOLES that feature ANATOMICAL ARCH SUPPORT and multiple CUSHIONING layers provide soft, PILLOW-LIKE SUPPORT that works wonders to improve COMFORT and EASE PAIN on the FOOT and HEEL, all the way up your KNEES, HIPS and LOWER BACK caused by flat feet, overpronation, arthritis, neuropathy and diabetes.
- EXTENDED WIDTHS - These SUPER COMFORTABLE sneakers are available in Medium, Wide and Extra Wide widths, offering a PERFECT, CUSTOMIZED FIT. Fits the following footwear categories: Men’s Stretchable Shoes, Men’s Shoes with Knitted fabric, Men’s Walking shoes and Men’s Athletic shoes with extended widths.
- DIABETES? ARTHRITIS? NEUROPATHY? Soft, pliable uppers with SEAM-FREE FABRIC LINING and extra foam padding, provide SUPERIOR COMFORT and protection for SENSITIVE FEET, offering the best solution for men’s diabetic shoes, men’s arthritis shoes and men’s shoes for neuropathy. Certified by Medicare and qualified therapeutic shoes under code A5500 of the Diabetic Shoe Bill.
- Excellent solution for BUNIONS and HAMMER TOES: A wide TOE BOX offers a comfortable, non-binding fit, and eases pressure on bunions, hammer toes and sensitive feet. ORTHOTIC FRIENDLY: Extra depth design with removable insoles (¼” thick in the forefoot area) provides ample space for custom made orthotics. The UNIQUE COMFORT FEATURES help alleviate stress on the joints, enhance stability and add spring to your step to improve mobility.
Fila Men's Memory Workshift Cross-Training Shoe,Black/Black/Black,9.5 4E US
- Perfs in the upper for breathability with aBreathable mesh linings
- memory foam sockliner
- DLS foam midsole
- Solid rubber non-slip outsole
- The slip resistant sole is designed to help prevent slips and falls but hsi is not a slip-proof shoe
Ryka Women's Devotion Plus 2 Walking Shoe, Navy/Teal, 9 W US
- 8.3 oz
- Breathable mesh upper with supportive synthetic overlays.
- Anatomical Precise-Return footbed.
- Lightweight molded EVA features a full length REZORB platform; External pod network between midsole and outsole, and full length internal insert.
- Eight-piece radiused skeletal rubber outsole works simultaneously with the RE-ZORB midsole and cobblestone engineering.
Women's Fashion Sneakers Breathable Mesh Casual Sport Shoes Comfortable Walking Shoes All Black 9.5
- Slip-on Design: Slip on design with Elastic Cuff is convenient for user to put on and take off.
- Light and Breathable : This walking shoes have durable knit upper with good stretch allows the foot to secure fit,breathable and smooth fabric provide great freedom and comfortable.
- Wide round toe for toe stands:super lightweight and flexible just like socks,breathable and smooth fabric provide great freedom and comfortable feeling.
- PU outsole with air cushion: High-quality rubber materail is non-slip and wear-resistant, provides great traction and grip.It is a perfect platform wedge sneakers that can wear all day and match all pants,dress,tops. Platform measures approximately 1.96".
- OCCASION:fits for long time standing work,walking,casual,floor shoes,plantar fasciitis,nursing,fishing,gardening,dress,shopping,travel,driving,jazz,tap dance,street jazz,ballet,folk dance,zumba,athletic,workout.
CAMVAVSR Men's Gym Shoes Fashion Slip on Lightweight Casual Workout Outdoor Walk Shoes for Men Red Size 11
- This sneakers fit for various occasions,perfect for casual,walking,running,sports.
- Air mesh upper for ventilation and lightweight support. Let your feet feel comfortable when you put on this sneakers.
- Breathable stretch fabric for a dynamic fit & Durable Anti-slip sole for stability and traction.
- Comfortable running shoes and fashion unique durable design, and safe environmental protection material arch support insole gives the mid-foot the best support when you move.
- Ultra lightweight:Specially engineered outlook and outsole provide your every step full energy,make sure you don't have any burden on your feet.
Skechers Sport Men's Fit Reprint Oxford,White/Navy,11 M US
- Walking sneaker in layered leather featuring ghillie lacing with grosgrain stripe at tongue
- Stitching and front-perforation details
- Memory foam insole
- The tongue of the shoe does not state the width of the size it will only have the size of the shoe
Propet Women's W2034 Stability Walker Sneaker,White,9 W (US Women's 9 D)
- B' in physical item denotes Women's
- Fit: This style tends to run small. For an accurate fit we recommend purchasing a 1/2 size larger than you typically purchase. Rigid heel counter
- Speed-lacing closure system
Dr. Scholl's Shoes Women's No Bad Vibes Sneaker, Hydrangea Smooth Perforated, 11 M US
- BE FREE Energy Technology insole with 3 distinct zones designed for maximum comfort: extra support under the toe, high-recovery foam at the ball of the foot, and dense foam cradling the heel.
- Perforated detailing.
- Lace-up front.
- Durable, lightweight sole.
Skechers Men's Equalizer Persistent Slip-On Sneaker, Black, 10.5 XW US
- 100% Mesh fabric upper
- Synthetic sole
- Memory foam insole
- Padded collar
- Shock absorbing FlexSole lightweight midsole
- 1 1/4 inch heel
- Available in Medium and 2E Wide Widths
Diabetic Neuropathy Symptoms and Treatments
Diabetic neuropathy is damage to the nerves in people with diabetes. The cause is decreased blood flow and high blood sugar levels. People who do not control their blood sugar level run a very high risk of developing diabetic neuropathy.
Symptoms of diabetic neuropathy will differ depending on which nerves are affected. Some people will not experience any symptoms at all. The most common symptoms of diabetic neuropathy are:
Tingling, numbness or pain in the extremities.
A noticeable shrinking of the muscles in the feet or hands.
Chronic nausea or indigestion. Vomiting can also occur.
Feeling faint or dizzy because of a sudden drop in blood pressure when standing.
Sexual disorders such as excessive vaginal dryness or impotence.
There are four types of diabetic neuropathies. These types are:
Peripheral neuropathy. This will cause pain or a loss of feeling in the arms and hands or lower extremities.
Autonomic neuropathy. It causes changes in the bladder and bowel function. It is responsible for sexual problems. It can cause a dangerous condition known as hypoglycemia unawareness. This is when you will no longer feel the warning symptoms of low blood sugar.
Proximal neuropathy will cause you to feel pain in the buttocks, thighs or hip. It will lead to leg weakness and interfere with your ability to walk.
Focal neuropathy. This is a weakness of a single nerve or maybe a whole group of nerves. It can cause muscle weakness and pain.
The first line of defense against diabetic neuropathy is to get your blood glucose level under control. Consistently monitor your sugar levels, eat a carefully planned diabetic diet and get plenty of exercise. Use your oral diabetic medications or your insulin injections as prescribed. This must be done to prevent further nerve damage.
The next important step is good foot care. The nerves that run to the feet are the longest nerves in the body and therefore they are the ones that are most effected by diabetic neuropathy. Circulation problems are associated with foot ulcers. It is estimated that nearly half of all amputations cause by diabetic neuropathy could have been prevented by careful foot care. It is important to keep your feet clean and inspect them for cuts, sores or blisters. Keep them dry, especially between the toes. Wear slippers or shoes to keep your feet from getting injured. Make sure that your shoes fit well and that your toes have room to wiggle. If you need help taking care of your feet, see a podiatrist.
To get rid of pain from neuropathy, your doctor may tell you to try NSAIDS, aspirin or acetaminophen. Creams that can be applied directly to the skin may be helpful also. Other medicines such as antidepressants and anticonvulsants may be used to help control the pain.
To relieve gastrointestinal problems, eat frequent, small, meals, avoiding fats. If symptoms are so severe that it is interfering with your diet, your doctor may put you on a medication that will speed up your digestion.
Change positions slowly to help prevent the dizziness and light-headedness associated with low blood pressure and other circulatory problems.
Diabetic neuropathy is a condition that can have serious consequences. If you have diabetes, it is vitally important that you work closely with your doctor to maintain normal blood sugar levels.